Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Im Bau: Project Monza

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 19. März 2012, 12:23

Project Monza

Hello!
I am new in this forum, but I have been in model building many years. I wanted to share my new project with you all!

Comments and questions in English only please.

Here you can see the project I have working on for some time.
This is the college graduation project. At first I wanted to do a Opel Lotus Omega model kit. But due to insufficient free time I decided to choose something easier. Thanks to my friend we decided to take a proper die cast body and make a great resin out of it. And my friend offered a proper Monza body from unknown producer.

I only used body from die cast kit(including lights and reflectors). Undercarriage I took from Ford Sierra RS500, which dimensions fitted almost perfectly, but front and rear heights needed to change. Also I was able to use Sierras axles, which needed a lot of customizing. Undercarriage itself needed a lot of putty and plastic, since it was in a really bad shape when I got it. I added new rear fenders and frames to the undercarriage so new rims could fit. Front fenders needed widening. Model comes with full engine. I am probably going to replicate 3.0 12V straight 6 engine.
Since my graduation project includes practical part, I am going to start producing it. At the moment I am making a mold for the undercarriage. Soon I am going to do molds for body and other parts.
Some pictures (in chronological order)
Undercarriage when i got it:

Undercarriage after neccessary changes:

Body with undercarriage and rims:

Making the mold of undercarriage:

Ready to make other half:

New updates soon.
Eero

Montag, 19. März 2012, 14:32

That has to be the one (and only one i think) made by GAMA/Germany, take a look:
I like what you did as an owner myself of this I can´t wait to see what your fabulous scratch build will look like :thumbsup:

Montag, 19. März 2012, 16:44

WOW , :respekt: a really nice Project . I like the Monza so much .
Do you plan to sell it as a Kit when its done , its would be nice .

I look over your Shoulders .... and stay tuned !

:thumbsup:
Zur Zeit auf dem Tisch :

Golf 2 CL

1937 Chevy Lowrider Bomb

1969 Impala Lowrider

:evil:

Jäger und Sammler .... immer auf der Suche !

Montag, 19. März 2012, 17:45

Do you plan to sell it as a Kit when its done , its would be nice .

Yes, I plan to sell it. Soon it should be available.

Eero

Montag, 19. März 2012, 17:51

That has to be the one (and only one i think) made by GAMA/Germany, take a look:
I like what you did as an owner myself of this I can´t wait to see what your fabulous scratch build will look like :thumbsup:

You are correct. It is GAMA's Monza. So thats how it looks like with paintjob and rims. The kit I got was in bad shape.

Montag, 26. März 2012, 17:45

Hey mates!

I have been busy too. The underside mold got ready so it was time for some test-casting. First cast was total failure. Epoxy concentration was wrong so the details were very fragile and broke very easily. So i rechecked the concentration and went for another go. I was quite pleased with the result. I got to know the amount of epoxy needed for casting. Now i need to make some arrangements in techniques and I am ready to continue casting.
Molds:

Second test:

BBS RS anyone?

Cheerz.

Eero

Montag, 26. März 2012, 20:55

Hey looks good , wich Resin do you use . I need some clear to make some Rear and Headlihgts .
Can you post the Bottles of that Resin .
Zur Zeit auf dem Tisch :

Golf 2 CL

1937 Chevy Lowrider Bomb

1969 Impala Lowrider

:evil:

Jäger und Sammler .... immer auf der Suche !

Montag, 26. März 2012, 22:25

Hey looks good , wich Resin do you use . I need some clear to make some Rear and Headlihgts .
Can you post the Bottles of that Resin .

I am using FD epoxy resin with CA 38 and RTM 20 hardeners. In thin layers they stay clear and they are as strong as plastic. This epoxy is used to create and fix marine boats, and bumpers and so on.
I can post the pictures of the Bottles in this weekend.
Right now it is hard to notice the details but after primer the details pop up nicely.

Thank you for your comment!
Eero

Sonntag, 8. April 2012, 00:20

Hello!

I have poured many molds. 2kg of silicone was used. Now I bought another set. :D I finished the mold of the body. In the mold I inserted wooden blocks to save the silicone and to make the ejection of the cast from mold easier. Also I have been busy casting wheels.
Some pictures:

Wooden block with supports.

Almost finished underside of mold.

Pouring upper side of mold.

In the end I cover it with glass and put powerdrill on top for wheigh.

Finished mold.

And one picture of the mold of Ronal turbo:

Soon I hope to post pictures of the casted body, but first I have to work out some epoxy amounts and techniques.

Cheerz!
Eero

Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2012, 00:18

Hello!

The first successful body is ready. It didnt came out perfect but right now that is not the purpose. Thanks to that I saw how the mold works and how I have to change my technique while pouring it. The body has some airholes, but nothing too serious. It should get better. :lol:
Here are some pictures:

Eero

Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2012, 20:03

Cool! Keep it coming!

Werbung